Please try entering https://graph.facebook.com/407695249327134/photos?fields=source,link,name,images,album&limit=16 into your URL bar and seeing if the page loads.Facebook API came back with a faulty result. You may be accessing an album you do not have permissions to access.
Attention all parents: this might make or break your child’s future so take heed!
Are your kids suffering from such symptoms – constant doodling, stubborn eschewal of everything mainstream, and persistence about keeping up their own styles and identities? If so, your child might be suffering from a grave condition; they bear the early signs of a creative genius! But, despair not, we have just the prescription you need – a fun-filled 5-day design camp administered by a highly experienced French trainer!
Upon completion of the treatment, your child will be able to:
- Get equipped with digital design soft skills which is of exceptional importance given we’re living in the heyday of visual design.
- Incorporate the elements of art and graphic design into their daily work such as enhancing their visual presentation skills through digital design and understanding visual hierarchy
- Harvest more lateral creative thinking concepts
- Interact with like-minded sufferers, where team building will be of huge assistance in managing their condition
The dangers of deferring treatment:
- Your child may never realize the benefits of creative genius and feel imprisoned in the four-walled cell of their latent mind, unable to translate their imagination into a tangible product
Course content (4 hours every day – Monday to Friday 9:00 – 1:00)
• Understand basic pictograms and ideograms and how they affect design today
• Introduction to Photoshop and basic photo touch up
• Getting started with graphic design through elements of art (lines, shapes, form, texture, color)
• Introduction to Illustrator and basic drawing
• Pairing elements through principles
• Understanding layer manipulation to create superimposed graphics
• Getting an idea through creative thinking and translating them into visual
• Using illustrator to draw a simple logo
• Presentation of visual project
• Combining photoshop and illustrator for multi-platform design
Instructor -Violaine Hemery
Violaine has always had an artistic propensity- visual and written, possessing a degree in literature (specializing in visual arts), multiple certifications in Photography, and a Diploma in Communication & Design.
She started her career in photography, working as a photo lab technician in Paris where she honed her skills in visual art. Such experiences include proposing optimal visual solutions for art curators and photographer for major exhibitions. With the 3 years experience she gained in Paris, she furthered her career in the other end of the world, working as a freelance photographer in Hong Kong where she undertook research responsibilities and produced postcards of Hong Kong.
In 2010, Violaine got her breakthrough in the creative industry, founding her own creative firm- Primeravera Creations, in Singapore. Her firm mainly renders graphic design services for SME’s and entrepreneurs, as well as developing effective branding solutions to her clients, among whom are illustrious names like the French Chamber of Commerce and IPG mediabrands. Just this year, Violaine clinched the prestigious D&AD Student Award, where she was nominated with her team for the Open brief category. Having come a long way to be the award-winner and CEO of today, she demonstrates the same determination and perseverance in everything she does.
About Chatsworth Medi@rt Academy:
Established in 2003, Chatsworth Medi@rt Academy (CMA) is the first Marketing, Advertising & Design Integrated School in Asia. Since then, CMA graduates have gone on to work for premier ad agencies, started their design-entrepreneurial work or pursued further education with advance standing.
As a school that offers Marketing + Advertising + Design (MAD) Integrated diploma courses, CMA bridges creativity and reality. By providing professional and industrial- oriented knowledge and skills, students are enabled to excel in creative advertising and designs while gaining survival skills and strategies from lecturers who are 100% industrial players in the creative field.
MAD Global is planning a trip to Busan, South Korea, from the 21st of August to the 27th of August for the AD STARS 2012 Festival. The trip is aimed to give participants a chance to be introduced to a variety of advertising from all over the world, at the same time, giving our participants a chance to understand culture differences and how it applies to advertising.
The concept of the festival is on-line advertising and the theme is Digital Humanism, in which not only professional advertisers but also the general public can showcase their talents. The festival has a host main events as well as exhibits, like the Seminars on Global Advertising & Marketing Expertise, Awards Ceremony, the Exhibit Screening, the Place Brand Exhibition and the AD Street. There is also the Creative Challenge and the Young Stars, in which participants can take part. Not to forget the Keynote Speech, given by Jonathan Mildenhall, VP of Global Advertising Strategy and Content Excellence at The Coca-Cola Company.
This is certainly an event we strongly encourage everyone to go for!
21 August - Leaving at 20:10 to Busan (connecting in Hong Kong) via Cathay Pacific
22 August - Arrival to Busan at 6:35 am. Check in to hotel and sight seeing
23 August - ADSTARS Conference
24 August - ADSTARS Conference
25 August - ADSTARS Conference
26 August - Leave Busan and take bullet train to Seoul. Once arriving to Seoul we check in at Metro Hotel (3 stars). Free and easy afternoon.
27 August - Free and easy day in Korea
28 August - Return Singapore, flight at 15:15 (connecting in Hong Kong) via Cathay Pacific, we will be arriving to Singapore at 23:45
Hotels for the conference
Hueundae Centum Hotel – http://www.ecentumhotel.com/
Arpina Residence – http://www.arpina.co.kr
Accommodation at Huendae centum hotel
SGD 1950 – MADGlobal members/CMAians
SGD 2350 – Non members
Accommodation at arpina residence
(together with other students attending the conference from many places of the world)
SGD 1750 – MADGlobal members/CMAians
Do you want to learn Design and at the same time practice your English?
We give you that opportunity: experience Singapore, learn and have Fun!
This will be definitely your great way to spend your summer! XPERIENCE DESIGN Summer Camp in Singapore (Youth Edition), held by MAD Global, creates opportunity for students to learn English and practice their language skills by taking part in our Design program in a simple and interactive way. After 2 week, students will get the Certificate In Visual Arts.
Trip duration: 10th June 2012- 23rd June 2012 (2 weeks)
Please check below for our camp schedule and timetable.
Certificate In Visual Arts
The Certificate in Visual Arts combines CMA’s signature Marketing, Advertising & Design (MAD) integrated formula into an intensive yet comprehensive 2-week programme. Students can expect to be exposed to visual related studies such as Visual Communications and Digital Design.
The course will be delivered with assignments and examples that mirror the industry and students will benefitt from research, development, graphic design and most importantly presentation of their assignments. Students that graduate from this course will be well prepared with related professional knowledge for their future career path.
The Certificate In Visual Arts course will be delivered in English.
The course is divided primarily into these two components:
- Understanding how design affects the society today
- Differentiating the various design disciplines, as well as Art vs Design
- Understanding basic symbology used in graphic design today
- Fundamentals of design – elements and principles
- Understanding Advertising and the Media
- Getting and idea and translating it into graphic design
- Fundamentals of Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Illustrator®
- Drawing and photo manipulation, touch ups, digital imaging
- Understanding proper methodologies and restrictions in digital design
- Using the right color mode for different applications
Summer Camp Schedule (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner will be provided everyday for whole trip)
|We look forward to seeing all our talented students at camp this year. Contact us now!|
|Sunday, 10th June 2012||
|Monday, 11th June 2012||
|Tuesday, 12th June 2012||
|Wednesday, 13th June 2012||
|Thursday, 14th June 2012||
|Friday, 15th June 2012||
|Saturday, 16th June 2012||
|Sunday, 17th June 2012||
|Monday, 18th June 2012||
|Tuesday, 19th June 2012||
|Wednesday, 20th June 2012||
|Thursday, 21st June 2012||
|Friday, 22nd June 2012||
|Saturday, 23rd June 2012||
S$2,500* nett per pax.